Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Brooklynspin don't just watch...subscribe!!! This way you can get the latest videos and updates.
If you are interested in being in a "special" video I am looking for Zumba dancers who want to help put together short videos 1-3 mins. We can do it after class! In fact, just stay after class and we will film it and put it on YT that night!
Zumba classes are hot and on fire...is that even possible? You bet! Even hotter with the upcoming Zumba Party!! Remember to email me and reserve your space...because space is limited!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
This is the a Zumba Party, so dress to impress (YOURSELF)! Do it up with color and be sassy! This is a celebration for all the work you have put into coming to Zumba class!
- Buy your ticket to secure your spot!!! Tix on sale starting July 23rd $10
- Comfortable fitness clothes (Zumba sassy even better; colorful and fun)
- Dance sneaks (or flat sole sneaks recommended)
- Towel (you will sweat a lot!)
- Big fun attitude! Lots of cheering, singing, hootin and hollarin!
This party is going to be off the chain fun! Bring friends and family who have been wanting to know what Zumba is all about!
To make sure you get in pre-order your tickets today!!!! send me an email email@example.com with the number of tickets you want! Remember space is very limited so don't wait!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Now, you dont have to use the typical gym dinasours like barbells or dumbells. In fact, that's why they are called dumbells....get it...yea dumb. There are hundreds of ways to do strength training. My favorite way to train is using my own body weight. The last time I checked I didn't have to lift a car off it's tires, but I did have to squat, bend, and hoist luggage overhead on my last trip.
Body weight also known as functional strength traning is not a new concept. However, it is becoming a more sensible and affordable way to train. Here are ideas for tools to add to your fitness routine:
- Resistance bands: easy to transport, store, and use and limitless in work out possibilities
- TRX from Fitness Anywhere: As seen on Biggest Loser its one of the HOTTEST tools I have one and use it constantly.
- kettlebells: Cast iron balls with a handle. It will eliminate the need for over 30 gym equiptments including the treadmill. Dragondoor.com or at your local target or play it again sports store.
- Hot yoga: Helps to strengthen body from the inside out
- Nothing just your body. Squats, pull ups, chin ups, push ups, lunges all these "old school" exercises help increase stength and stamina.
The key is to combine both dance fitness and strength training in your routine. This formidable two step combination will have you reaching your fitness goals in no time!
Here is a couple of demos of the TRX demostration of the TRX
Keep moving! Build strength, stamina, and life through dance and strength!
Brooklyn's Playlist, Enjoy!
Style of music
La Negra Tiene Tumbao
Yo Vivire/I will survive
Tu Es Foutu
BOOM BOOM POW
Black Eye Peas
Merengue & Cumbia
I know you want me
Angel y Khriz
Angel y Khriz